The FTM journey addresses the
- The gap in understanding the role
- Challenges of adapting to the new role
- Transition challenges – managing emotions
- Changed performance metrics
- Managing stakeholders
- Being accountable for the team performance
- Creating value for team members
- Key people engagement, development and management skills
Our First Time Managers Development Program: Stepping into Leadership
Stepping Into Leadership is a researched and well-crafted journey to enable First Time Managers to succeed. Key program objectives include:
- Enabling successful transitions of Individual Contributors to First Time Managers.
- Developing critical capabilities needed to perform role of a manager
- Supporting managers to effectively manage self to successfully transition to a managerial role
- Equipping first time managers with capabilities to manage people to grow, develop, and engage team members.
Through this management training program, we aim to work alongside with you to have a measurable impact on following success measures:
- % of participants achieving their goals
- Development of team members
- Increase in retention/ decrease in attrition
- Increase in team engagement
Stepping into Leadership is a program which has been built basis our researched solution design principles. These include:
Our program covers an intensive learning journey covering three key learning modules:
- Role Understanding & Managing Self: This module helps First-Time Managers to:
- Understand the role of a manager and transition required to perform the role.
- Enhancing emotional self-awareness.
- Effectively managing time to perform their role.
- Enabling Performance Through People: This module includes:
- Giving feedback and having performance conversations.
- Following a structured process for coaching.
- Effectively managing a remote team.
- Delegating effectively to colleagues.
- Driving Results: This module includes:
- Setting and driving goals.
- Applying innovative thinking techniques for operational problem solving.
Stepping into Leadership is a scalable blended leadership development program. Participant journey includes the following:
- Assessment for each participant to identify their areas of strength and development
- 9 weeks learning journey comprising of 3 modules. Each module is developed using our “Making Learning Stick” framework and comprises:
- Virtual learning labs
- Gamified learning modules
- On-the-job application assignments
- Application oriented content
- This program includes access to our gamified learning platform-Master-O. This platform offers an immersive learning experience comprising:
- Game-based interactions & assessments: Leverage micro-interactions and casual game-designs to engage & assess learners
- “Smart” nudges and alerts (push notifications): Nudge using behavioural psychology to enhance learner adoption and sustain engagement
- Leaderboards: Drive healthy competition to achieve 100% completion and motivate mastery of skills
Here is a snapshot of the learning journey:
Global Delivery Capability
We can offer this program to leaders in 50+ countries and deliver it in multiple languages. Some of the languages we can deliver this program are covered in the table below: