A first time manager program with India’s leading online gaming company was designed on building managerial effectiveness of new managers. To keep pace with the breakneck development of the gaming industry, our client hired 200+ new employees. Since this talent is highly data driven and sought after, the theme of paramount importance was retention. The first time managers program was designed to help managers with the understanding of the role, build an inclusive environment where the employees feel motivated and engaged and build an emotional connect with the team while working remotely.
- Adoption of a robust methodology to gather organisation related insights via key stakeholder interviews, FGDs and secondary data collation through JDs, performance appraisals, exit interviews etc.
- To cater to the development of the first time managers, a customised 3 Module, 9-Week journey was designed
- The intervention, for each module, was supported by Virtual Instructor Led Training Sessions (VILTS), Gamified Learning Modules, Custom Designed Application Assignments and Simulations
- Each module was designed to deep dive into core themes of understanding the role of a first time manager, understanding stakeholder & different leadership styles, team engagement & motivation
- A pool of almost 100 first time managers were trained to be equipped with management imperatives
- An average feedback score of 4.7/5 was consistently maintained throughout the journey. Learners felt that the virtual sessions fostered an environment of reflection, knowledge sharing and constructive feedback
- Learners used the gamified learning platform effectively to build knowledge around the concepts with an average precision rate of 34% against an average benchmark score of 45%